Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I usually don't like squash, but I like this casserole. This is my mother's dish. Try it you might like it.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb (divided)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb squash (corded and mashed)
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- Combine mayo, onion, 1/4 cup crackers, egg, sugar, salt, pepper; mix well.
- Add squash; mix well.
- Pour in lightly greased pan.
- Sprinkle remaining crackers on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Top with cheese bake another 5 minutes.
I made this dish the other day and everyone LOVED it!
Very nice way to enjoy squash. Just for variety I'd like to try it with parmesan or feta topping and I'd saute the onion before adding it to the casserole. Thanks, palomino, for some good comfort food.