Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Don't let the fact that his dish is 'uber healthy' put u off! i found this recipe when on a detox diet with my family, but haven't stopped making it since! its become a favourite!
- 1 red pepper, halved and deseeded
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 450 g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 400 g canned cannellini beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- black pepper
- Place the pepper skin-side upwards under a very hot grill until blackened. Place in a plastic bag and leave to cool slightly, then remove the skin and cut the pepper into very thin strips.
- Heat a little of the stock in a large saucepan and gently sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes until softened. Add the squash and sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, rest of the stock and herbs and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf. Add the beans, olive oil and lemon juice and season with black pepper. Cook for a further 5 minutes and serve lovely n hot!