- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 5 -6 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and diced granny smith apples
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, squash and sweet potatoes in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tsp butter in a skillet. Saute apples and onion until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter and whisk in flour. Add 1 cup of broth from the pot and cook until thickened.
- Puree all ingredients together in blender ( you may have to do this in 2 batches).
- Add salt to taste.