Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 hrs 50 mins
Mmmmm, I just made a loaf of this and it is so good I had to share! It makes a very soft, nice sweet bread that would make delicious toast, french toast, bread pudding, omg . . . I need to make another loaf, now! This makes a 2 lb. loaf. The recipe came from my bread machine manual, but I didn't have the orange peel (which is why I know this bread is just as delicious without it!). :) This recipe should not be made using a delay timer.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry milk
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shredded orange peel (optional)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Measure and add ingredients in order listed to your bread machine (or in the order your bread machine uses, if different).
- Choose "sweet bread" cycle on your machine.
- Press start and wait patiently. :).
This is a lovely bread machine recipe. The loaf came out tender and delicious.
I adjusted this recipe to fit my 1 lb. Zojirushi mini (used 1/2 of all the ingredients) and it was fantastic! I used a lot less butter, only about 1 TBSP, and it turned out fine. Also, I added a bit more flour during kneading because it was a little too sticky. My machine doesn't have a "sweet bread" setting so I set it on "soft" and it came out perfectly golden and moist.
Delicious! Just made this this morning and what a nice change from my usual abm loaf! I subbed applesauce for margarine and the result was good. I did add the orange zest and I have to say I really think this is what makes it special. Thanks for a great new recipe!