Recipe by mic-jac
This is a salad I came up with for my family. After they tested it, I bought it to several pot-lucks where it also appears to be really liked (that is, all gone!). It can be adjusted to whatever type greens you may prefer, such as fresh spinach instead of spring mix or green olives or shrimp instead of chicken pieces.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe as given, using a cup of cooked & diced chicken breast that I had in the freezer, & the salad went well along side a pizza that we had! Delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles (or thin noodles, if preferred)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag spring greens, salad
- 1 (8 ounce) container cherry tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives (cut in halves)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken piece (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon black bean garlic sauce (I use Lee Kum Kee)
- 3⁄4-1 cup your favorite Italian dressing (I mix my own, using Good Seasons with olive oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed, rinse and drain thoroughly. Place in large salad bowl (add chicken or shrimp, if using), and mix in the black bean garlic sauce giving a light coating to all. This can be adjusted to your taste.
- Add bag of Spring Mix salad, olives and cherry tomatoes. Mix completely, and then pour the Italian dressing over all mixing thoroughly once more.
- Can be eaten right off or chilled for later.