Elote Pasta Salad
- Ready In:
For the Salad
- 5 ears corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
- 1⁄2 lb farfalle pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 4 scallions, sliced thin on a bias
- 2 jalapenos, stemmed, seeds removed and diced small
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 cups roughly chopped cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- fried corn tortilla strips (garnish)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (garnish)
For the Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup jarred salsa
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- Equipment: Grill pan, Bundt pan, Large mixing bowl, Medium bowl and whisk.
- Preheat a stovetop grill or outdoor grill over medium high heat. Grill the corn on all sides until charred and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let cool slightly. Place the corn with one end standing on the top of a bundt pan, then cut kernels off of the cobs. Place corn in a large bowl and add cooked pasta, scallions, jalapeno, black beans, 1/2 cup queso fresco, chopped red pepper, avocado, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To make dressing, in a medium bowl, whisk salsa, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, honey, olive oil and salt until well combined. Pour dressing over pasta salad and stir to combine. Plate salad and top with tortilla strips, crumbled queso fresco, pinch chili powder, cilantro sprig and a lime wedge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!