Recipe by Loves2Teach
This cake would be perfect for any Halloween party. I love cakes made out of cupcakes, because they are easy to distribute. From Kraft Foods.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (1 pkg. 2-layer size)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted (4 to 4-1/2 cups)
- black decorating gel
- 5 Oreo cookies, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE cake batter as directed on package. Add dry pudding mix; mix well. Spoon evenly into 12 paper-lined medium muffin cups. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese, butter and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition.
- ARRANGE cupcakes on large serving platter or tray to resemble a ghost as shown in diagram (http://www.kraftfoods.com/pdf/GhostCupcake.pdf). Spread with frosting. Use decorating gel to outline the mouth on the cupcakes.
- Finely crush 3 of the cookies; sprinkle inside mouth.
- Place remaining 2 cookies on cupcakes to resemble eyes.
- To make a bigger ghost, double the amount of cupcakes you make.
- Store in refrigerator.