Recipe by Fido ®™
We have new neighbours who moved in recently. Their dog is supposedly an English sheepdog - I say "supposedly" because he strikes me as a bit of a wimp and I don't think he could chase a sheep if his life depended on it! In any case, his humans apparently cook this stuff for their "precious" little doggie all the time and, though I say so myself, it's pretty darned good. The number of servings in this recipe may vary in direct proportion to your belly size.
- 3 cups rice, well rinsed
- 1 lb cubed lamb or 1 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces avocados, chopped
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice in a rice cooker and add 6 cups of boiling water and cook.
- Slowly cook the diced onion with the garlic and lamb.
- Add the broccoli and carrots for a few minutes.
- When everything is cooked, mix everything together (again, do NOT use your paws – you might easily burn them) and stir in the olive oil.
- At serving time, top with avocado and slap on a fried or poached egg.