Rosemary Lamb Stew
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 lb lamb stew meat
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, plus some celery leaves, chopped
- 4 -6 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine (optional)
- Heat one tablespoon oil in cooking pot.
- Add onion, celery, and mushrooms, and cook until soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from pot and set aside.
- Heat the other tablespoon oil in the pot and add the meat.
- Sauté over medium heat until browned on all sides.
- Sprinkle flour and paprika over meat and cook a few minutes until the flour is lightly browned.
- Add hot broth and stir, scraping up any bits stuck to the bottom (I use a wire whisk for this).
- Add remaining ingredients to the meat, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer on medium-low heat for about an hour, or until meat is soft.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Instead of flouring meat and browning I put it in crockpot with water all day. Then that evening I added veggies and spices and a packet of brown gravy. Cooked it in crockpot on low till morning then made egg noodle dumplins, droped them in, and cooked on low till lunch.(could have eaten sooner if I needed to.) Yummy! Never had lamb before, so glad I found this recipe. Spices and veggies were a perfect combination. Served stew with homemade bread. Thanks Marlena!