Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
The sesame dressing in this recipe rich and nutty with just a hint of sweetness that balances the salty spinach perfectly. Credit for this recipe goes to Chizuko Moriyama
Top Review by JulesAndEvy
I altered this just a bit and had great results. Instead of sugar I used a little rice vinegar and instead of just sesame seeds I used Japanese all-purpose seasoning/rice topping (the stuff with sesame seeds, dried seaweed, and sometimes dried horseradish and dried fish).
- 450 g spinach
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted and ground sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- make sure the roots and coarse stems have been removed from the spinach. Wash the spinach to remove any grit.
- boil a large pan of water then turn down to to a medium heat. Cook the spinach for 30 secs, drain and refresh under cold water gently squeeze out any excess water.
- combine the sesame seeds, sugar, soy and salt in a small bowl and stir well until mixed.
- Pour mixture over the spinach and toss to mix.