Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great recipe I got off of a Turkish cookbook blog. So easy and so yummy even my 3 yr old liked it.
- 473.18-709.77 ml Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml rice
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2.46-4.92 ml red pepper paste
- 44.37 ml crushed canned tomatoes
- garlic, yogurt sauce
- 118.29 ml yogurt (I prefer Greek)
- 1 clove garlic minced. mashed with salt
- Saute the onion with olive oil and butter for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat in the medium sized pot.
- Then add the ground beef, salt and pepper, then stir. Cook together until the colour of the ground beef turns to light brown.
- Add the rice, tomato, red pepper paste and crushed tomato, stir again.
- Place the spinach all over and close the lid.
- Cook on medium heat until the rice is tender without adding water.
- Place the dish in a service plate and put a couple of spoons of Garlic Yogurt Sauce over the top.
Please see my rating system, I cannot give more than 3 stars when the directions refer to onions not listed in the ingredients (I used 1 medium onion). I also think a cooking time should be given after layering the spinach. With spinach on top while cooking, it is impossible to see the rice unless everything is moved around. I gave it 30 minutes. (I made 1/4 of Turkish Red Pepper Paste #294358 for the paste and thought it was was too mild.) For this recipe, I liked the Garlic Yogurt Sauce on top; to help the shopping list, "garlic, yogurt sauce" should be entered as "GARLIC YOGURT SAUCE:" We enjoyed this dish, as we both got seconds. If this recipes is revised, please let me know so I can adjust my rating. Make for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.