Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is my sister's. She has 3 small children, and this is one of the few "healthy" meals they request. They like the spiral look of it. (Plus it tastes really good!)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thaw & squeeze out water)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (I usually add more)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Mix meat, pat into a waxed paper lined 9x12 pan.
- Mix filling and spread over meat mixture Roll jelly-roll style, pressing ends to seal seam Bake at 350F for 1 hour Combine topping ingredients, spoon over loaf and bake 30 minutes more.
Delicious! The flavors blend together perfectly.
The taste was absolutely delicious! No complaints from my home. My husband and kids ages 14 and 18 all really enjoyed it. The kids did ask for extra "sauce" though. I'm sure I can figure something out for next time. Thanks!
We found this to be somewhat bland for our tastes. The concept is fantastic. I made it again with a ton of changes to kick it up. I did not wat to have to use the sauce as I feel it adds too much sugar and carbs to what could be a realluy good low carb meal. The only things I used from this recipe in my version was the ground turkey, the spinach and the rolling technique so I feel another recipe is in order. This is very good though!!!!! Thanks for the idea!