1 hr 5 mins
Spinach, like other leafy green vegetables, is a great source of heart-healthy folate. Folate is especially important during the early months of pregnancy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (about 1 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 4 medium about 5 ounces each boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 ounces bottled roasted red peppers, divided (about 1 1/4 peppers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add leek, garlic, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper; cook and stir until leek is soft (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and add the spinach, stirring to combine; set spinach mixture aside.
- 3Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally using a sharp knife. Place bottom halves of breasts in a 9x9-inch baking dish, setting top halves aside. Divide spinach filling evenly among breasts; top each portion with one-fourth of roasted peppers, and replace the top halves of breasts.
- 4Brush the top half of each chicken breast with melted butter; sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and spray lightly with cooking spray. Add wine to baking dish (avoiding the breadcrumbs), and bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
- 5Remove chicken from oven; let rest for 5 minutes before serving. To serve, cut each breast into 3 or 4 slices on the diagonal to expose the stuffing, or simply leave each portion whole.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 83.2 mg
- Sodium 970.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 29.3 g