Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
you love spinach then this is an easy and simple dish
- 4 (10 ounce) packagesblue bird frozen creamed spinach
- 1 lb hot dog, sliced
- 2 onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, split lenthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, finely diced
- 3 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1) heat the oil in a heavy pan over medium heat'. add the onion and leek and cook stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes until they are just beginning to soften. Add the potato and season with a pinch of salt. bring to a boil ,reduce the heat, cover , and cook gently for about 25 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- 2) Add sliced hot dog and spinach and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. set soup aside to cool slightly.
- 3) Transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and process to a smooth puree.
- 4) Return the soup to the pan and season to taste with salt,pepper. place over low heat and simmer until reheated .
- Serving Suggestions
- slice of butter bread.