1/1 Photo of Spinach Salad With Strawberries and Caramelized Pecans
From Canada's Garden Greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves, washed and patted dry
- 2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 3 ounces chevre goat cheese, crumbled (I used French feta instead)
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1CARAMELIZED PECANS: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat and stir on low until the sugar is dissolved.
- 2Increase heat to medium-high and boil mixture for 5-10 minutes without stirring; until syrup is golden brown. Watch boiling process carefully! Please be careful not to burn yourself!
- 3Arrange the pecans in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 4Drizzle the simple syrup over the pecans. Stir to coat. Allow to stand 20 minutes or so to cool and harden. Chop coarsely once cooled.
- 5STRAWBERRY DRESSING: Combine all dressing ingredients in a tight fitting jar with a lid and shake well. Yield 1/2 cup.
- 6SALAD: Meanwhile, arrange the washed spinach leaves on six individual salad plates. Top with pecan mixture, strawberries, cheese and shallots. Serve dressing on side.
Browse Our Top Berries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Berries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Salad With Strawberries and Caramelized Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.5
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 96.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry jam sweetened with fruit juice
white balsamic vinegar