Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Ricardo.
Make and share this Spinach Salad With Chorizo and Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, finely sliced
- 2 cortland apples, peeled, cut in thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup grilled pecans, crushed
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, brown the chorizo and apples in half the oil.
- Deglaze with vinegar and add remaining oil, mustard and honey. Let reduce 1 minute. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or lukewarm on the spinach and garnish with pecans.
Very good salad...though I was not crazy about the dressing, but it grows on you as you eat the salad. The dressing is very tangy due to the cider vinegar, but it does blend well with the apples and other ingredients. I had to use Envy apples as I didn't have the others. I think the toasted pecans really added alot to this salad, but then I love pecans. DH and I really enjoyed this. Made for ZWT8 - Spain/Portugal, and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys.
I've really enjoyed the ZWT8 visit to Spain. The discovery has enlivened my summer salads with unique ingredient combinations & flavors. Pairing sausage, apples, & spinach here was different and flavorful. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This is a yummy salad. I never would have thought to combine chorizo and apples but it works! Made for Newest Zaar tag.