Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so tasty! Denis and I can almost eat a whole batch. Sometimes I leave out the rice, and it is just as good.
- 284 g Baby Spinach
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups of diced celery
- 1 cup of diced green pepper
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- fresh garlic (I add alot, maybe 4-5 cloves)
- 1⁄2 cup safflower oil (or your preferred kind)
- 1⁄3 cup soya sauce (I prefer sodium reduced)
- Mix all the salad ingrediants together, except for the cashews.
- Just before serving, toss with the dressing, and add the cashews.
Very easy to prepare, and healthy too (except maybe for the oil). Nice combinations of flavours and crunch. I usually skip the dressing on salads, but as I made this for a dinner party, I put the dressing in a seperate bowl for everyone to add as they want. And the dressing was excellent! I used sultanas instead of raisins, and erred on the side of caution in the minced garlic - but really no need too. Definitely one I'll make again!