Recipe by Katrina Hapner
This is something I came up with using a bunch of stuff I liked and had handy and it turned out everyone loved it, even people who won't normally eat spinach. At first glance you might think, "yuck", but it really is very good and I've even had luck with getting small children to eat it.
- 1 (15 ounce) cancut spinach leaves (drained)
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 (15 ounce) canscampbell cream of potato soup
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine the spinch, rice, and potato soup.
- Slowly add in 2 cups of the milk while stirring.
- Heat contents on medium until bubbly hot.
- Add the cheese to the mixture and stir frequently until melted.
- At this point you can add the last cup of milk if you do not have the desire consistencyd.
- I like mine kind of like a gumbo or stew, but my sister makes this more soupy.
- You can also add more cheese if you want.
- I have also made this with swiss cheese and it was great.