From 101cookbooks.com I use leftover brown rice for this.
Make and share this Spinach Rice Gratin Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place rack in the top third of oven. Grease a 10 inch round baking dish with a bit of olive oil.
- In a large bowl combine the rice, spinach and tofu.
- Now, reserving a bit of each for garnish, stir in the olives, red onion,pine nuts and olive oil.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs and salt.
- Fold the eggs into the rice mixture.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the casserole is set and the top is toasty and golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with reserve onions, olives and nuts. Sprinkle with a bit more cheese.