1/1 Photo of Spinach Pear Salad from Restaurateur, Tom Douglas
This salad is perfect. AND the curried cashews make outstanding appetizers, garnishes, snacks or gifts; the honey-sesame dressing can be used on any number of salads. The contrast of colors, flavors and textures is inspired. Tom Douglas is chef and owner of 4 Seattle eateries and this salad has been on his menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup cashews (about 3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1Curried Cashews: Preheat oven to 400°; toast cashews on baking sheet for 8-10 minutes or until golden; combine remaining ingredients; add hot cashews, toss until coated; set aside to cool.
- 2Honey-Sesame Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients and whisk until emulsified.
- 3Salad: Cut bacon into 1/2" pieces and cook until crisp.
- 4Put greens, onions and sliced pears in a bowl and toss with enough vinaigrette to coat everything well.
- 5Place salad on six plates; sprinkle each with bacon and curried cashews; garnish with cluster of grapes placed at the side of each plate.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Pear Salad from Restaurateur, Tom Douglas
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.4
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 758.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 35.2 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar