- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb medium-thin asparagus
- 1 cup champagne vinegar (or other white wine vinegar)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Trim asparagus by snapping off the tough bottoms.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, and spices in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Place the asparagus in a small nonreactive dish.
- Pour the hot pickling liquid over the asparagus.
- Allow the asparagus to cool, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Pickled asparagus will keep, covered, for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Used as garnish for Bloody Mary.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!