Recipe by Luvs 2 Cook
It's a snap! A 10 oz pakage of frozen chopped spinach , thawed and squeezed to drain, can be substituted for fresh spinach.
Top Review by Raichka
I love how easily and quickly this came together. I left out the garlic and found the dish to still have plenty of flavor, although I do plan to add the garlic next time. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely shredded carrot (1 small)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta (6 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic, onion and carrot in butter about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until carrot and onion are tender.
- Stir in broth, orzo and spinach.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occassionally until broth is absorbed.
- Stir in salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and basil before serving.