Recipe by Motivated Mama
This is a very easy, very healthy and very yummy recipe from wholesometoddlerfood.com. It's great for kids but I have been asked to make it for adult social events. It shocks people because it is so healthy yet looks and tastes "unhealthy".
Top Review by Mrs. DeVelopment
Very good! I used my food processor and that made these so easy to make. Used feta and sharp cheddar and 1 cup bread crumbs since I didn't have any flax. I just baked them on a couple of cookie sheets, turning once. Thanks for posting!
- 16 ounces frozen spinach, cooked drained and chopped if needed
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal (if you don't have these things add 1/4 cup more bread crumbs) or 1⁄4 cup wheat germ (if you don't have these things add 1/4 cup more bread crumbs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (you could also try cheddar flavored with sundried tomatoes and basil)
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with oil or use a non-stick mini muffin pan.
- Combine all ingredients well.
- Shape into nuggets or spoon into muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. (Turn nuggets over after 15 minutes).
- Serve with Ranch Dressing for dipping.