Healthy Herb-Baked Catfish Nuggets
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 1 lb catfish nuggets
- garlic pepper seasoning (to taste)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse catfish nuggets and sprinkle with garlic pepper seasoning.
- Mix egg white and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs, dill, basil and oregano and spread mixture on wax paper or dish.
- Dip nugget in egg mixture to coat, then roll in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and thickest part of the nuggets flake easily with a fork.
This is an excellent way to fix catfish! We loved it. The flavor was great and easy to prepare. I had 2 lbs of fillets so I doubled the recipe and I followed another reviewer in putting the garlic pepper in with the other seasonings. I cut the fillets into 4 pieces to make nuggets. This is definitely a "doer again". Thanks for sharing. Carole in Orlando
This was a very good recipe, I found that the seasoning on fish came off in egg wash so I put the sesonings in bread crumb mixture. I made a salad to go with. I will definately be making this again, and since I am a full time student and I take night classes this is a perfect quick meal. Thank you for posting.
see 10 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I moved to the Gulf Coast from south Alabama and I am enjoying all of the fresh seafood that I have access to. I'M always looking for new dishes to make sure not to get bored with the same old meals, different day.