Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve with grill salmon and pineapple salsa
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach, shredded
- Rinse and drain rice in cold water.
- Place the rice, stock, olive oil and lemon zest in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat, stir, reduce to a simmer, cover tightly and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover place shredded spinach on top of rice without stirring.
- Cover again and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add lemon juice and let stand covered 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Five stars! I made it in the rice cooker, skipped the oil and added some chopped green onion and a little salt. Delicious!
Really, really, REALLY good!! ANd so easy to prepare! Had it with maple glazed salmon, yums!
This was delicious! I had it with the Salmon recipe #53198 and it was such an elegant dinner (but very easy) I got a bag of the baby spinach in the salad section at my store and didn't have jasmine rice so I used my brown rice. My family loves rice so this will be cooked often! THANKS for a great recipe!