Recipe by Sharlene~W
Creamy, cheesy, beefy. A favorite one-dish family dinner at our house.
Top Review by m a n t e e g a
Holy smokes, what a hit! I don't quite know why this recipe tasted so extremely good, given how simple it is, but my husband and I loved it! I was thinking of maybe cooking lasagna noodles and layering those in next time, and maybe cutting back on the beef a tiny bit, but those are just ideas. The recipe is great as-is. Thanx for an easy, great-tasting, filling recipe!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef, add mushrooms, garlic and oregano.
- Stir fry until mushrooms are light browned.
- Add spinach, heat until thawed and almost all juices have cooked away, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into shallow casserole.
- Scatter cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.