Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are fantastic and easy. Served these at a party and was asked many times for the recipe. They were the first to go!
- 1 (9 ounce) boxgreen giant frozen spinach
- 24 wonton skins (about 3 1/4-inch squares, from 16-oz package)
- 1 (7 ounce) canold el paso chopped green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup finely shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Heat oven to 350°F Cook spinach as directed on box. Drain, set aside to cool.
- Place 1 wonton skin in each of 24 ungreased regular-size muffin cups, gently pressing skin into bottom and up side of each cup (points of wonton skin will show above cup edge). Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until top 1/4 inch of wonton skins are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, squeeze all excess water from spinach; place in large bowl. Stir in green chiles, mayonnaise and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Mix well.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon spinach mixture into each wonton cup. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon remaining cheese. Bake 5 to 7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is hot. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.