Recipe by Ms B.
This is an adopted recipe that I have adjusted to include exact amounts for the ingredients. I used a pint of Canned Basic Salsa (Canned Basic Salsa) when I prepared it and found that while it was flavorful, it wasn't spicy at all. You may want to add hot sauce, cayenne pepper or diced jalapenos if you like things kicked up a notch. I also melted my cheese in the microwave and stirred in the other ingredients before pouring into a mini crockpot for serving. You will want to keep an eye on it, if you serve it this way. The cheese can separate if it gets too hot in the crockpot.
Top Review by Laurie D.
I made it for our office Cinco de Mayo party and everyone loved it! They all asked for the receipe. I am not much for cooking cause I work 2 jobs but it was so easy and quick that I will definetly make it again.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cut into squares
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, mild or hot
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy bottom sauce pan add cheese, salsa, and spinach.
- Stir constantly until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream.
- Stir well and add to a Corningware bowl so it stays warm for a long time.
- Eat with chips and enjoy!
- To re-heat: Put a lid on the bowl and put in the microwave for a few minutes and stir well.
- Or, pour it back into a heavy bottom pot and stir until hot again.