Big J'S Basic Salsa
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This was an aunts recipe with a little revising. This one can please, tease or hurt you, depending on how many Serrnos you want to use. Hope you like.
- Ready In:
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 jalapeno peppers, stem removed
- 2 serrano peppers, stem removed (2 will be hot adjust for spiciness)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- Place all ingredients in a blender, blend well and serve.
- Really good on tacos or with chips, and very easy to make.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a really good recipe for a basic salsa. The reason this is only four stars is the canned ingredients part. After some tweaking, it is a perfect shiny Five Stars! First, I process cilantro (about one cup of leaves does it for me) and 3 cloves of garlic, then add the two serrano peppers and onion. The last to be added are the tomatoes. I use one or two tomatoes (always on the vine) instead of the canned step - so a total of 3-4 tomatoes. Vinegar and salt are at the end, and mostly by the taste (as garlic, onion and tomatoes will always have slightly different flavor). DH doesn't like jalapeno, and 2 serrano give plenty of heat, so I never tried with that. Overall, highly recommended and will beat any store-bought salsa!!Reply