Recipe by weekend cooker
came across this today in my local newspaper, it looks real good.
Top Review by richard2011jessi
Turn out Great My family loved it. Helpfull hint use a ziplok bag to fill manicotti. Just fill the bag and cut the corner off and you are ready to fill. This saves time and clean up.
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) packagegrated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, and drained
- 9 manicotti, cooked, drained on wax paper
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- .In a skillet, saute onion and garlicin oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, cream cheese, half the mozzarella, half the parmesan, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and beat until well mixed.
- Drain spinach with several paper towels and squeeze until spinach is well drained.
- Add spinach and onion to cheese mixture and mix well.
- Spoon this mixture into manicotti shells, using 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Be careful not to tear shells.
- Pour half of spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange shells over the sauce and top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven , uncover and sprinkle remaining cheeses over top.
- Return to oven until cheese melts.