1/4 Photos of Spinach Cheese Manicotti
weekend cooker's Note:
came across this today in my local newspaper, it looks real good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package softened cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, and drained
- 9 manicotti, cooked, drained on wax paper
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1.In a skillet, saute onion and garlicin oil and set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, cream cheese, half the mozzarella, half the parmesan, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and beat until well mixed.
- 3Drain spinach with several paper towels and squeeze until spinach is well drained.
- 4Add spinach and onion to cheese mixture and mix well.
- 5Spoon this mixture into manicotti shells, using 1 teaspoon at a time.
- 6Be careful not to tear shells.
- 7Pour half of spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 8Arrange shells over the sauce and top with remaining sauce.
- 9Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven , uncover and sprinkle remaining cheeses over top.
- 11Return to oven until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Cheese Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.0
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 145.5 mg
- Sodium 1451.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: