Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From George Duran’s cookbook, Take This Dish and Twist It. When I pick up this book, I feel a jolt of electricity! I think it’s high-powered! He says of this recipe, “I love surprising my friends when I pull this pizza out of the oven for brunch. If you’re spinach-phobic, replace it with pretty much any veggie or meat topping. Don’t you just love limitless options?”
- 10 ounces prepared thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 8 eggs
- kosher salt or table salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Brush top of the pizza crust with the 1 teaspoon oil. Place crust directly on the middle rack of the oven; bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while crust is baking, cook the spinach according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon fo the liquid. Squeeze spinach dry. Whisk together the eggs and the reserved spinach liquid in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In 10-inch skillet heat the 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the onion; sauté about 4 minutes or until translucent. Add the spinach, breaking up the pieces, and heat through. Stir the spinach mixture into the eggs and mix well. Lower the heat to low. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook and gently stir the eggs for 3 to 4 minutes or until they are just set yet still moist.
- Spread egg mixture evenly over the baked pizza crust and top with the cheese. Bake about 1 minute more or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve hot.