Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great appetizer for a gathering or party.
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth, less salt
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese, blended smooth
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, rinsed lightly and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fresh button mushroom
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Saute onion in chicken broth until wilted.
- Break up cream cheese and stir into onion until melted, then remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach, garlic, basil, bread crumbs, cheeses, blended ricota, water chestnuts, sherry and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
- Stuff each mushroom, mounding stuffing on top.
- Place in single layer on a baking pan and pour just enough white wine in the pan to cover the bottom.
- Bake at 400F for 10 minutes.