Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty finger food appetizer recipe. Great for holiday parties, and different than a traditional "spinach dip" or tradition "sausage ball" recipe.
- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups herb stuffing mix
- 2 small onions, chopped fine
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2⁄3 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and drain spinach according to package directions.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Make into bite sized balls.
- Bake on cookie sheet about 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Can be then frozen and thawed out one hour before serving.
Tasted great- however, I needed to add alot more stuffing mix to make them dry enough to make into balls- and I drained the spinach very well. I almost doubled the amount of stuffing. I will make these again!
OMG!!! THESE ARE SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!! Made them today to freeze and take for appetizers on Thanksgiving. Had to try to see how they tasted and I have to quick get them in the freezer before I eat too many! I did make a few changes to original recipe. I only used 3 eggs, I only used 1/4 cup melted butter and sprayed the balls with a little cooking spray before putting them in the oven, I also added 5 grated cloves of garlic and only 1/2 tsp salt. I also used 2 16oz packages frozen spinach so I used 3 cups stuffing mix. SO DELICIOUS!!! LOVE EM!!! Can't wait to share!
Very good- will make again. I don't think it's the liquid in the spinach (squeezed well). I think it's the amount of eggs. Next time I'll use 3 eggs instead of 6. I had to double the amount of stuffing this first time. 1-1-10-- I made again last night and cut in 1/2-- started with 1 egg, but added another after everything was mixed together. Yummy, and there were none left to bring home when the party was over.