Recipe by Neonprincess
This is the first quiche I have ever made and it turned out really well. At least my guests thought so, who all went back for seconds. Mind you, they didn’t leave any for me!
Top Review by Meghan B.
Confused by the cooking time/temp. Preheated oven and followed everything exactly. Quiche looks beautiful in my oven but I've got mine up to 360 now (40minutes later...) And it's still liquid in the center.
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry, to line a 9 inch quiche dish
- 3 shallots
- 3 slices ham (about 120g)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, loosely packed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (whatever type you like, I use cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Chop shallots and ham, and sauté in olive oil with garlic. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a bowl mix the flour with a little milk until a smooth paste forms. Add rest of milk, eggs, paprika, salt and pepper.
- To the milk mixture, add the sautéed shallots and ham, cheese and spinach. Mix well.
- Prick the base of the pastry with a fork and gently pour in the filling mixture. Spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If necessary, cover with foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- Remove from oven and leave for 5 minutes before serving.