1/1 Photo of Spinach and Ham Quiche
This is the first quiche I have ever made and it turned out really well. At least my guests thought so, who all went back for seconds. Mind you, they didn’t leave any for me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry, to line a 9 inch quiche dish
- 3 shallots
- 3 slices ham (about 120g)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, loosely packed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (whatever type you like, I use cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 230°C.
- 2Chop shallots and ham, and sauté in olive oil with garlic. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 3In a bowl mix the flour with a little milk until a smooth paste forms. Add rest of milk, eggs, paprika, salt and pepper.
- 4To the milk mixture, add the sautéed shallots and ham, cheese and spinach. Mix well.
- 5Prick the base of the pastry with a fork and gently pour in the filling mixture. Spread out evenly.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes. If necessary, cover with foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- 7Remove from oven and leave for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Ham Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.7
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 161.3 mg
- Sodium 476.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: