Deep Dish Ham Quiche
- Ready In:
- 1 deep dish pie shell (9-inch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb smoked ham, cubed into 1/4 - 1/2 -inch pieces
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup table cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Prepare pie crust as directed. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large flat-bottomed fry pan, melt the olive oil and unsalted butter. Cook the onions over low-medium heat, until softened, about 15 minutes. Add cubed ham to pan and cook for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, whisk togehter the egg, milk, cream, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the onion and ham mixture in the cooked and cooled pie crust. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven for 50-55 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.