Recipe by ozzygirl
A lovely light meal to have with a glass of wine on a summers day/eve. It can be eaten warm or cold. It works well with a crisp rocket salad as a side and a thick crusty loaf. This recipe is made without a pastry base but I am sure you could add that as an addition.
Top Review by Granolahead456
This is great! i made this for dinner the other night. I was looking for a quiche recipe with a lot of eggs and spinach for iron. The feta really enhances the taste. I will be making this again!
- 250 g frozen spinach, chopped and thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 180 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 26cm round ovenproof quiche dish.
- Squeeze out excess moisture from spinach.
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add mushrooms, cook stirring over high heat until lightly browned and then add the spring onions and spinach and cook stirring for approximately a minute. Remove from heat.
- Combine eggs and sour cream in a bowl, stir in feta cheese, parley and spinach mixture and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Cook at 180C, uncovered for approximately 35 minutes or until set.
- Cool quiche slightly before cutting.