Recipe by sydney_b
Per serving: 232 calories, 24 percent calories from fat, 6 grams total fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 11 milligrams cholesterol, 35 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams total fiber, 5 grams total sugars, 32 grams net carbs, 9 grams protein, 299 milligrams sodium
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo pasta in a large pot of boiling water about 12 minutes, drain, rinse under cold water in a colander and drain again.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute 3 minutes until softened. Add the defrosted spinach and continue to saute 4 minutes until tender. Add the red chili flakes and cooked orzo and continue to saute 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and add the feta, olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 6 servings.