Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Comfort food for me, and very easy and quick.
- 400 g lasagna pasta or 400 g similar pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 g deep freeze spinach, defrosted
- 100 ml cream
- black pepper
- 8 pitted black olives
- 175 g blue cheese
- Chop the shallots, garlic and olives.
- Cook the pasta.
- While heating water for the pasta, heat 3 tbsp of oil in a skillet and sauté the shallots and garlic circa 3 mins.
- Add the spinach and heat it slowly.
- Add the cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly and add pasta and olives to spinach mixture.
- Crumble the cheese over the pasta; stir.
- Drizzle rest of oil over pasta and add a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.
Wow! Delectable!A must for blue cheese lovers! The pasta, spinach, cheese, olives..... it all makes such a nice combination. What an elegant dish....one I will definitely be making again!=)The only thing I would change would be to use fresh spinach instead of frozen (just my own personal taste). Note: If others do not prefer blue cheese I wouldn't hesitate to use freshly grated parmesan in place of.