1/1 Photo of Spinach and Artichoke Casserole
Sauce Lover's Note:
From Good Housekeeping magazine. Really creamy and good. Everyone raves about this one. Make sure you top with freshly grated parmesan cheese, not the stuff in the can!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (I like it with more)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper (I use more)
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (I use more)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F In bowl, combine spinach, artichokes, cream, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup Parmesan.
- 2In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese(softened, make sure!) until fluffy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to low, gradually add milk, mixing just until well blended.
- 3Spray 1 1/2-quart casserole or 8" by 8" glass baking dish with Pam or other non-stick spray or line dish with non-stick foil(love that stuff!). Put spinach/artichoke mixture in bottom of dish. Pour cream-cheese mixture evenly over spinach mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges bubble and top is golden.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Artichoke Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.2
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 485.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 11.4 g