Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a super recipe that's easy to make, better to eat, and hopefully will be long remembered! You can leave out the booze, but then you'd be stuck with a watermelon!You may want to try one of the yellow melons;I have not tried them as of yet. It's great for parties, picnics, you name its! Just make sure you have an assigned driver, and they can have a "go-box" to eat when they get home. You will get about 16 cups from an 8-pound melon.
- 8 lbs watermelon, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vodka (be brave and try one of the infused vodkas)
- 6 tablespoons creme de cassis (creme de cassis is dark red and is flavored by black currant)
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the watermelon in a large bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice and sugar in medium bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in vodka and cre`me de cassis.
- Season mixture to taste with salt. Pour mixture over the watermelon.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint and serve.