Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Perhaps I have been living in a cave for the past 40+ years because I never had a *spiked watermelon* until recently so I am posting this for those of you who like me have never heard of spiking a watermelon. It is delicious. VERY refreshing. Yummy, Yummy!
- Cut a hole in the top of the watermelon, wide and deep enough to insert a funnel.
- Pour as much vodka through the funnel as can be absorbed (1/2 cup to 1 cup), remove the funnel and replace the watermelon plug, Let sit for 4 hours and again, pour is as much vodka as can be absorbed, Repeat the process until all the vodka has been absorbed, (eventually all the vodka WILL be absorbed).
- Refrigerate and serve well chilled.
- When it's time slice it up and enjoy.
- NOTES: You can also use a food injector, this works well or you can cut a hole big enough to hold the neck of a fifth of vodka, allow it to sit 6-12 hours, 24 being better, serve with the bottle sticking out of the watermelon, You can experiment with liquors, I have heard rum works well too.