Recipe by *axxo*
Perhaps I have been living in a cave for the past 40+ years because I never had a *spiked watermelon* until recently so I am posting this for those of you who like me have never heard of spiking a watermelon. It is delicious. VERY refreshing. Yummy, Yummy!
Top Review by Ms B.
We use an injector and prepare a spiked watermelon every 4th of July for our cookout. We rotate the watermelon as it is chilling in order to prevent the alcohol from settling in one place. It is fun, and a few slices really have a "kick". When serving, I slice this watermelon and serve without rind and serve a plain one for the kids in wedges with rind. It is easier to tell which is the Adults Only treat that way. :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a hole in the top of the watermelon, wide and deep enough to insert a funnel.
- Pour as much vodka through the funnel as can be absorbed (1/2 cup to 1 cup), remove the funnel and replace the watermelon plug, Let sit for 4 hours and again, pour is as much vodka as can be absorbed, Repeat the process until all the vodka has been absorbed, (eventually all the vodka WILL be absorbed).
- Refrigerate and serve well chilled.
- When it's time slice it up and enjoy.
- NOTES: You can also use a food injector, this works well or you can cut a hole big enough to hold the neck of a fifth of vodka, allow it to sit 6-12 hours, 24 being better, serve with the bottle sticking out of the watermelon, You can experiment with liquors, I have heard rum works well too.