Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe came from my boss who brought it to a potluck. We have used this recipe for years and love it. This is a good way to use tougher cuts of beef. Just a note though, shredding the beef instead of cutting makes a better sandwich.
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 (24 g) packages beef gravy
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4-1 cup dry red wine
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Place in slow-cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat.
- Cover and cook 8-10 hours on low.
- Remove meat, shred or slice and return to gravy.
- Serve with dinner buns.
I threw this together before I left for work this morning and came home to meal that actually delivered what the slow cooker promises. A delicious meal that required no tweaking whatsoever: the sauce was perfectly spiced, the correct consistency and color to serve straight out the cooker. There was more than enough gravy for the meal and the leftovers. The taste was terrific--I'll be making this often.