Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is something I came up with when I didn't know what else to have, and I knew that I didn't want anything with meat. You can adjust this to more servings. If you don't like jalapeño peppers, you can use another kind.
- 1 hoagie roll
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup diced mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup sliced jalapeno (or pepper of your choice. If you use bell pepper, it should be diced or minced)
- 2 slices American cheese or 2 slices cheddar cheese
- italian seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place hoagie roll in center of foil (12x12 for one hoagie). Bring up sides of foil around hoagie. This will retain the hoagie's shape while baking.
- Layer vegetables in roll however you like.
- Break up the two slices of cheese and top off the sandwich with the cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 15-20 min (or however long you like) and enjoy.
Really good sandwich. Just the perfect companion to the soup we had for lunch. I sauteed the mushroom a bit and buttered the roll before assembling. This sandwich was satisfying enough that my meat loving DH never made mention of the fact that it was meatless. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Made this for dinner last night along with recipe#146405. It really hit the spot on a hot night! I made some minor changes. I cut the veggies into thin strips as I felt the other way might be too messy. Used the cheddar cheese. Also I took the inner part of the roll out to cut the calories some...it worked very well.
I was going to give this 4 stars, but as I took another bite the better it tasted!! I used fresh jalapenos sliced very thin and 1 slice American and equal amounts of cheddar cheese. I made my own roll using Recipe #115676. Thanks Vicky for such a simple and tasty sandwich!