Turkey & Cheese Quesadilla
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1 whole wheat flour tortilla (soft taco size)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 slices deli turkey (I used oscar mayer smoked turkey breast)
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- Place tortilla in a warm skillet. Add cheeses to whole tortilla, within 1/2" of edge. Melt cheese over medium heat.
- Add slices of turkey to the center of the tortilla, staggering on top of one another.
- Cook another couple of minutes until turkey is warm. (Careful not to burn the bottom of the tortilla). Tortilla should be pretty stiff and crispy. Turn off heat.
- Carefully spread miracle whip onto one side of the tortilla. Add lettuce and tomato slices on top of miracle whip.
- Fold tortilla in half and press lightly with a spatula. Remove from skillet onto a plate and enjoy hot with soup or chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used mexican white tortilla, smoked mozzarella, smoked monterey jack. Both cheeses gave the quesadilla an awesome taste. I used light mayonnaise on mine and DH omitted the dressing. I used 2 small leaves of romaine lettuce. I loved it and I'll do it again. It's so easy to do. Thanks Munchkin Mama :)
Munchkin Mama, Thank you for a great Thanksgiving treat! These were GREAT! I used leftover turkey (sliced real thin), mayo because we don't care for Mirice Whip, amd shredded Romaine since that was what I had. The only thing I added was thinly sliced onion. We enjoyed today for lunch. I will repeat. Made for My 3 Chefs '08.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> <br /><br /><br /><a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view?t=tish1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish1.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008" /></a></p>