Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a friend at work--great recipe. I used ground turkey
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Spanish rice
- 1 dash cumin (optional)
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add meat and onion. Cook until done and onion is tender.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes (or until cabbage is tender).