Recipe by Sueie
We love this recipe, never any left overs. Non vegetarians have also enjoyed these tortillas.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Excellent recipe; a little different and very tasty. It wasn't overly spicy (could have used more perhaps), but the mixture of spices, herb and lime juice was a nice combination. I made a couple low-fat adjustments with lite tofu (extra firm) and a mix of part skim mozzarella and low-fat mexican cheese mix (as that was what I had in the fridge). I recommend using a non-stick frying pan. Also I think here in the U.S. coriander is more commonly referred to as cilantro. Fortunately I remembered this while I was unsuccessfully looking for fresh coriander! Thanks very much Sueie for this exceptional recipe!
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups tofu, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped red capsicum
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 bottle salsa, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to medium heat.
- Wrap tortillas in alfoil and place in oven to heat through, about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and turmeric, stir 30 seconds.
- Add tofu capsicum, jalapeno and garlic and saute until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir until melted, about 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture equally down centre of each tortilla.
- Top with lettuce and coriander.
- Squeexe lime wedges over.
- Wrap tortillas around filling and serve and top with salsa sauce.