photo by spatchcock
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- minced jalapeno (optional)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (I use crushed tomatoes with no seasoning added. you can also puree some fresh tomatoes or use salsa.)
- 8 ounces sour cream (I use FF)
- Wrap tortillas tightly in aluminum foil; bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Combine broccoli, cheese, tomato, jalapenos if you want, and onion; spoon mixture evenly in center of each tortilla.
- Roll up each tortilla; place seam side down in a lightly greased 12x8 2-inch baking dish.
- Top with tomato sauce or other tomato variant.
- Cover dish, and bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 45 minutes.
- Spread sour cream over top; garnish with parsley if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for the first time last night. I think the veggies need a little spicing up. I added baked chicken breast (i know...so much for a vegetarian meal!). I used 3 cans of tomato sauce and 1 can of diced tomatoes. Next time I will use salsa. I forgot to add jalapenos...so there was not a whole lot of spice. The family loved that it was so healthy. Also...next time I will add more cheese and put some on top too.
This recipe has so many possibilities! We enjoyed these burritos the way they were, though it seemed to us that they lacked some sort of oomph. I think maybe some spices in with the veggies would add something. Or using some other veggies along with the broccoli. I used homemade tomato sauce that had been frozen and it was ok on top. I think a jar of salsa instead might give it the zip I was looking for. All in all though, a very good recipe. Thanks meow!