This is a vegetarian dish. If you love spicy dishes like my family, then you will love this! The red curry paste is very hot so you might want to adjust the amount starting at 1 tablespoon, for our tastes I use about 2 tablespoons, the hotter the better LOL! You can find red curry paste in the Asian section of your supermarket or in any Asian grocery store, I use it in many dishes! The complete recipe is made on top of the stove in very little time, but has tons of flavor!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry paste (or to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (13 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (can use more)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- salt and black pepper
- 4 -5 cups cooked basmati rice
- chopped green onion
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat; add in onions and red bell pepper and saute for 5-6 minutes, adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Add in the red curry paste and cook 1 minute.
- Add in the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, lime juice and sugar; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 35 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over basmati rice, then sprinkle with chopped green onion.