Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband makes these yummy fish cakes. They have a nice mild fish flavor, lots of spice and a fresh, crisp crunch from the green beans. My favorite fish cakes! (Updated with a few revisions on 4/18/07)
- 1 lb white fish fillet (such as cod or 1 lb haddock)
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (such as "Thai Kitchen" brand)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, thinly sliced and chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Finely chop fish (may use blender or food processor, or just good chopping skills).
- Add curry paste through lime juice. Process or mix with your hands until finely ground and blended.
- Using lightly floured hands, form about 12 small patties. Chill patties 2 hours or until firm (if you have time).
- Heat deep-frying pan over high heat, add oil and fry fish cakes a few at a time. Turning carefully until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve alone, or will a cool sauce. I like sour cream. A cucumber relish would also be yummy.
Was totally awfull. Followed recipe and was not good. Will not ever make again!
I usually don't give bad reviews but followed this recipe exactly and we had to throw it out it was so awful.Will not make again.