Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from Fine Cooking. If you like spicy foods, use 2 tsp. curry paste; otherwise, use 1 tsp. curry paste—the curry will still have a kick to it. we like it hot so we use 2. I have reduced the amount of oil by 1/2 of the original recipe.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin, cut in thin strips
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced shallot (about 2 medium-large)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄2 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 large lime, zest finely grated and fruit cut into wedges
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch straight-sided sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season the sirloin tips with salt and pepper and sear the meat in batches until nicely browned on two sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the shallots to the pan and cook until just tender and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minute Add the ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds. Stir in 1/4 cup of the broth, scraping up any bits that are stuck to the pan. Add 1/3 cup of the coconut milk, stirring until the curry paste has blended in completely. Stir in the remaining coconut milk and broth. Add the fish sauce.
- Increase the heat to medium high. Return the beef to the pan (along with any juices), stir, and simmer until the meat is just cooked through, 8 to 12 minute.
- Take the pan off the heat. Remove the meat and transfer to a cutting board. Stir the sugar snap peas into the sauce and cover the pan. Add the lime zest. If necessary, return the pan to medium heat until the peas are thawed and heated through.
- Portion the curry into four warm bowls, sprinkle with the cilantro, and serve with the lime wedges.
- serving suggestions:.
- Serve over jasmine rice.
Awesome! Quick and easy to put together I served over rice. Every bit as good as my favorite Thai resturant. Thanks!!